Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Floral Design




















































The flowers in my backyard just bloomed and they are gorgeous. I love flowers, especially roses and gerbera daisies. It’s another sunny day here, so I decided to take advantage of it and do another swatch. I used Revlon 185 Lilac as my base coat. I am wearing three coats in the pictures and it took that many to be opaque. The handling on Revlon’s brushes are not the best and the formulation is streakier than I would like. It may not look like it in the picture but close up I can still see streaks. However, the color is really pretty although it has more of a pink undertone than most of my lilacs.

Due to the streaks, I decided to add some designs and watched some tutorials on youtube on how to make roses. I used OPI Hoodoo Voodoo and ArtClub Lilac as my pinks for the roses. For the leaves, I combined Misa Dirty, Sexy, Money and China Glaze For Audrey together. I thought that drawing roses on all five fingers would be a little much; therefore I kept the design on my middle finger simple. I painted a white French tip and lined the smile line with jewels. I used CND Super Shiney (not a spelling mistake, that’s what it’s called!) Top Coat on top and it gives a great shine to all my nails.

Hope you enjoy the pictures! I’m going to go enjoy some more sun. Thanks for reading J

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! We didn't have one stitch of sun today - it's been raining for about 6 hours straight now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Megan - it's been raining here again too. Boo. indoor swatches soon :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)