Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sophisticated Strawberries

It was quite sunny yesterday and I thought perhaps spring was here. Warmer weather, gorgeous sun, flowers in bloom...what bliss! I was in a great mood and dressed for spring, but alas, the sun was deceiving and it was quite cold. I still got some sunny pictures in, so it was a good day.

I decided to paint my nail into little strawberries because it is a pattern on my March NailUp! Calendar. I used 2 coats of China Glaze Ahoy! from their Anchors Away collection as my base coat. It is a gorgeous raspberry color with pink glitter. Application was smooth and it was opaque in 2 coats. Maybe I should have painted raspberries instead? I used Sally Hansen White Out for my dots and tips and CND Green Scene for the leaves. Here is how to paint your own.

1) Choose and paint a base color for your strawberry (red, pink, raspberry etc)
2) Sponge white/light pink on at the tips for a more realistic looking strawberry
3) Paint the leaves on using a green polish – you can paint rounder leaves if you are going for a cuter look
4) Top with your favourite top coat and you are done!

Polish addicts, I will announce something exciting this Friday so stay tuned!




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment :)