Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shattered Dream

I have been waiting for OPI Black Shatter to come out ever since I heard about its release. So when it finally came out, I went to pick it up along with OPI Teenage Dream from the new Katy Perry line because I am a sucker for pink.

OPI Teenage dream is a super sparkly and glittery pink that applies easily but removal will definitely take more time. I am wearing 2 coats in the picture, but I would probably wear 3 if I were to wear it alone.

OPI Black Shatter is the new polish they came up with that crackles into random spots upon application of one coat on top of a base coat. Black Shatter is driving me a bit insane. I like big blotches of splatter, as seen on my ring finger, and not thin lines of shatter, shown on my pinky. I have read and experimented with the amount of polish and the pressure of application, but I still cannot get how I want it consistently. Dear readers, do you have any suggestions? What do you think of this crackle effect? Yay or nay? I am still on the fence. I will wait for China Glaze Crackle Glaze Collection before I make my final decision.

PS – can you see I switched up the base color for my thumb, middle, and pinkie for the crackle? I am wearing Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Glitter














































Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)