Monday, August 15, 2011

Crackle and Glitter

When I heard about Milani's One Coat Glitter line, I was very intrigued. Glitter usually takes 3-4 coats to be opaque given the nature of the size of the sparkles and the lack of opacity. Milani Red Sparkle, is a glittery red polish that is packed with glitter. In the first picture, I used a medium coat of the polish, and it covers quite well. However, I still think that it would look better with another coat so the second pictures shows you the polish with 2 coats of polish and a coat of Milani Top Coat. Milani has done really well with what it has promised as one coat of this glitter polish does allow you to get by. It has good opacity and the formulation applied well. The dry time was decent and removal was normal compared to other glitter polishes. I would personally apply two coats just because I think it looks better.

I wanted to try China Glaze metallic nail crackle on top and alternated 2 different colors. On my thumb, middle, and pinky finger is China Glaze Tarnished Gold, a metallic gold crackle. On my index and ring finger is China Glaze Cracked Medallion, a metallic bronze crackle. Although the colors may look similar, Cracked Medallion is noticeably darker and more on the copper side. I think adding these metallic crackles on glitter nail polish are a bit overkill and I will try it on a solid color polish next time. It did allow me to test out the formulation and the crackle effect of these polishes though, and I am a big fan. Like the rest of China Glazes crackle line, I love the way these polishes crackle and I am so glad they were able to transfer the same formulation in the metallic crackle line.

Thanks for reading polish addicts, giveaway coming soon!




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment :)