Friday, January 6, 2012

Gradient Friday : Ettusais

I wanted to try a gradient that is not usually in my color scheme this week. Yellow and green seem to blend well together and they are 2 new colors that a friend recently gave me so I thought this would be a good opportunity to use them. I first painted 2 coats of Essie Moonstruck as my base. This polish would probably reach opacity in 3 coats but I thought 2 would suffice for my gradient. Next, while the base polish is still tacky, I painted Ettusais 9, a sheer yellow sparkly polish, on the top 2/3 of my nail. Next, while it was still a bit wet, I painted Ettusais 15, a less sheer sparkly green with silver hexagon flakes, near the tips of my nails. I repeated step 2 and 3 once more to really blend in the gradient. Remember to use thin coats so it does not get too thick!
In the second picture, I painted Ettusais 10, a sparkly bronze, near the cuticles to make the white less harsh. Which look do you prefer? Are there any color combinations you would like to see for next week? Let me know! You can find out more about Ettusais here.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! This would be magnificent for spring!!! You did an amazing job with this gradient.

    For other colour schemes: (this is so fun! XD)

    *blue, green, gold
    *blue, purple, pink
    *light blue, white, silver
    *dark to light blue
    *dark purple to pink to white

    Ok I'll stop now... seriously, I'm sure ANY colour combination you did would look amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Cute Blog Award. :D
    http://artevolve.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashesela: thanks hun for all the color ideas! I'll try and do them all :D

    @beauxs mom: happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)