It has been awhile, with the holidays and all, but without further ado here is week 2 of Polished Style. Today's feature pairs funky runway chevron nails with an everyday outfit to make it very wearable and chic. Jen does a great job of pairing colors, textures, and patterns with this nail design, so be sure to check out more fashion pictures here. We used a classic navy and white color scheme for this nail design and chose to do both a single chevron design and a layered double chevron design. Look below for a tutorial on how you can create the layered double chevron look yourself at home!
Materials (from left to right) : Dr.'s Remedy Noble Navy / OPI Alpine Snow / Seche Vite Top Coat / Scotch Tape / Zigzag craft scissors
Prep: Start by painting on your choice of base coat.
1. Paint your nails with your base color. I used one coat of Drs Remedy Noble Navy.
2. Peel off a piece of tape and cut along the edge using your zigzag scissor. Stick on your palm before applying it to your nail. Be sure to press down on the edges. Paint contrasting color on top. I used OPI Alpine Snow.
3. Pull tape away from you immediately after applying the polish. The polish MUST still be wet in order for you to get a clean edge. Paint over with a coat of Seche Vite (Very important, otherwise drying time will be long).
4. Repeat step 2 once polish is dry. Use your base color this time. Remember to pull tape off immediately.
5. You now have 3 layers. Apply another coat of Seche Vite. You can stop here if you wish. Otherwise, onto step 6!
6. Repeat step 2 one last time. Don't forget to stick the tape on your palm before adhering to your nail. Finish off with a coat of Seche Vite. Your design is done!