Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ruffian















The Ruffian look has been very popular lately, and many models have worn this on the runway. I was curious to see how it would look on me and attempted this last week. My first try was with greens and it did not turn out that great, so I cannot even post up pictures because I am so embarrassed! This manicure is a lot harder than it looks, I do not understand how some people can make it look so pretty! Anyways, this was my second attempt at a Ruffian manicure and I am pretty pleased with how it came out. I used OPI Alpine Snow as my base, and Sally Hansen Black out as my top color. Here is a mini guide on how to attempt one yourself –
1) Choose two colors that you think will look good together, some color combinations definitely look better!
2) Paint one or two coats of your lighter color
3) Paint one or two coats of the darker color ¼ up from the bottom of your nail (tips: start in the middle, then paint the right and then the left side of the nail to get the curved look)

You could use French guide tips for this as well if you want a more consistent look, just reverse them and stick them on. Otherwise, practice will make perfect freehand! Will you try a Ruffian manicure?

PS - Also, going along with fashion, Burberry has just released a new makeup line. I have read great things about the whole line and decided to try it out. I ended up buying a lipstick and cannot resist showing you (Blush No.09). It glides on effortlessly, super moisturizing, and the packaging is adorable. The tube has a magnetic cover and even the lipstick itself is imprinted with the famous Burberry plaid. Who could ask for more?


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. i really like this ruffian mani that u made and u are right theyre being trendy on the nail fashion..hope to see more of ur nail art entry from our weekly challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ruffian mani looks great! I've been meaning to try one, but I haven't yet...soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :)